Wednesday 4 January 2012

Dessert anyone?




Why is there not more dessert pizza in the world? Why is it that the only time dessert pizza seems to come into the picture is right after Ive already gorged on pizza. Isnt that the last thing I want? Does it not make more sense to have a mousse, or soufflé, desserts comprising of mostly air, after eating a greasy heavy dinner, and visa versa enjoy a delicious lamb salad or some other low carb dinner and follow it with an amazing mango and icecream dessert pizza so as to avoid the carb coma?
This epiphany came to me last night when I hosted a Thermomix demo at my house on behalf of a friend. Seeing as it was at my house I decided to play by my rules and change it up a bit, so instead of wholegrain bread and chocolate custard, two of the usual 6 courses at a demo, I made sweet pizza dough topped with strawberries, and then chocolate sauce to top the pizza. And now, I want it every day.

Here is my recipe

500g bakers flour
1 Tablespoon dried yeast
2 Tablespoons raw sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil
300g warm water or milk

Mix speed 5 for 5 seconds, then interval speed for 1 minute 30sec.

Allow to prove then take the dough and roll out onto 2 floured pizza trays and top with a few frozen strawberries. (I’m sure this would work fine with fresh too but I’d cut them up if using fresh or they’ll dry out in the oven).
Allow to prove another 10-15 mins while preheating oven to 200C.
Bake at 200 C for approx. 15 minutes until edges are just starting to brown and dough is just cooked.
Dust with icing sugar.

While the pizza is cooking,  place in TM-
400g  55% Belgian chocolate buttons (or any dark chocolate you have)
Chop at speed 9 for 5 seconds then add

400g sweetened condensed milk
120g cream (not low fat!)
and mix on 50deg, 5 mins, speed 3.

Serve drizzled over cooked pizza, go ahead and have some icecream with it too…. Why not…..

Now here’s the thing, don’t wait, don’t say, yeah that sounds nice, next time we have pizza we’ll do that, make it now! Make it today, tomorrow and any other day you feel like dessert, experiment with flavours and sauces, I have learnt from experience that chocolate sauce is best added after firing, but nutella seems to hold up to the heat a bit better. Nutella and marshmallows, Banana and caramel, mango, pineapple and praline, go nuts……..

No comments:

Post a Comment