Sunday 3 July 2011

mmm chocolate....

I still havent really read up my manual recipe book yet to any great extent, Im trying instead to try and just fit the thermomix into my life. One of the great things about the thermomix is you can make things from scratch, eliminating additives and preservatives, but this is the way I already cook. So instead of trying to follow the recipes, I just want the thermomix to fit into my life, but hopefully make my cooking easier,faster and more creative. Hence hot chocolate. So we just got home from dinner out, and its another freezing cold night, Rory was about to make himself a coffee, and I excitedly said, 'Ooh, we should heat the milk in the thermomix!' Of course Rory said, 'Why would i want to do that? Ive got the coffee machine already', ok, fair enough, but now Ive got milk on my brain so I threw in about 200g milk, 50g of 70% chocolate pieces, set it for 5 mins to 90 deg and on a slow spin at number 3. Ok, maybe you have an easier way of making a real hot choc, but I have to say, it was pretty freakin amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment